Social Media as a Transformative Path (Part 1)

C'mon dude, get real!

How do you expect me to believe that Facebook is some kinda "Path to Enlightenment?"

Well...

I can only speak from my own experience. (Which includes coaching and witnessing other 'enlightened entrepreneurs' transform their work and their lives with social media...) I'm not here to convince anyone.  If this resonates... let's talk.

From what I've felt and seen, I must say that Facebook is one of the most enlightening, well-rounded paths of personal & professional development I've ever come across!

And I've come across a LOT. I've been "on the path" since I was in high-school after some mind-uh-expanding experiences prompted me to start journaling.

Journaling is actually a fantastic example of a tranformative path. As many of you know. As my man Socrates was fond of saying, "The unexamined life is not worth living."

Ouch. That's some heavy sediment...

What social media offers is a continual stream of feedback and personal reflection. Or what some Eastern mystics and new-age psychotherapists would call Witness Consciousness.  

Facebook and Twitter are constant invitations to "Check-in with ourselves."

Since it's "social" media, after-all, it's also an invitation to check-in with our Tribe.

In the next post, I'll finish that thought and tell you about one of the Tribes I belong to. I've learned much in 16 years of committed men's work that illuminates my understanding of social media, so be sure to check it out.

Have a great day - you deserve it!

Craig

ps - Please do leave comments. It's much more fun when these posts become dialogues. We'll certainly be talking about this on coaching calls, so if you can't afford coaching, this is your chance to get me talking ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment